The Huntington Arts Council is proud to manage the New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) Statewide Community Regrant (SCR) program. This program was formerly known as Decentralization (DEC) regrant program. Long Island Arts Grants are made possible with funds from the Statewide Community Regrant (SCR) program of the New York State Council on the Arts and with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the NYS Legislature. SCR is administered by the Huntington Arts Council, making possible the perseverance of extraordinary arts and cultural activities throughout the Long Island region, reaching both Nassau and Suffolk counties.
These grants help to support:
- Individual artists in the creation of new work
- Teaching artists with in depth opportunities for students and life long learners to create and experience the arts
- Arts and cultural organizations with community based arts & cultural projects
Follow these steps:
- Attend a FREE MANDATORY (all you need to know about the granting process) workshop
- Review the application guidelines
- Submit your grant(s) application(s)
Funding decisions are made by a series of panels comprised of local artists, community leaders and individuals from throughout the region. All award recommendations are required to be voted on by the Board of Directors of the Huntington Arts Council, Inc.
To learn more about the cultural impact of NYSCA support on Long Island is – see our NYSCA fact sheet for 2021
For questions contact Emily Dowd email@example.com