Opportunity: Public Relations Assistant
The Huntington Arts Council,
Inc. is seeking a Public Relations Assistant with primary responsibilities
of assisting the Director of Public Relations & Marketing. This is a
part time position, approximately 21 hours a week. The position also includes
diverse responsibilities in the areas of general office assistance and other
duties as assigned. The Public Relations Assistant reports to the Executive
Director and Director of Public Relations & Marketing.
Public Relations Assistant
- Assist Director of Public Relations & Marketing with all categories of communication for the organization, including, but not limited to, website, social media, Arts Cultural News and other categories of promotion and marketing.
- Maintaining, updating online calendar of events for both HAC and our organizational members.
- Working with members, trouble shooting questions and log in information for use of our online event calendar.
- Editorial work for the Arts Cultural News: content and layout for the member event listing, articles for member news and artist opportunities sections.
- Assist in implementation of social media strategy across platforms: Instagram, facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn.
- Updating website content to reflect current activity and programs of HAC.
- Basic graphics work: editing images and designing flyers.
- Maintain graphics, and content, (member postcards, flyers, etc.) for office kiosk.
- Front desk: greeting visitors, answering questions and fielding phone inquiries to appropriate staff member.
- Distribute incoming mail. Maintenance of mailing machine.
- Facility – maintain front office, supply locations, organization of gallery, take out garbage and recyclables on scheduled days.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge Microsoft office (access/word/excel).
- Experience with Adobe suite of software, particularly InDesign and Photoshop.
- Familiar with WordPress or other website platforms.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Familiar with Submittable preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Huntington Arts Council, 213 Main Street, Huntington, NY 11743.
The Huntington Arts Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in volunteering please go to our support/volunteers and internships page.
About The Huntington Arts Council, Inc.
The Huntington Arts Council, Inc. is a professionally staffed arts agency founded in 1963 to provide coordination and programming services for the arts. The Huntington Arts Council enriches the quality of life of Long Islanders with programs and services that address the needs and interests of artists, cultural organizations and the community. The Council remains true to its motto, “serving the arts. . .serving the community,” through the scope and type of projects and programs offered. Included among them are Information Services & Publications, Training, Education and Advocacy, Outreach Efforts, Huntington Summer Arts Festival, Grants for the Arts; Arts-in-Education and Youth Services; and membership benefits to the over 100 non-profit arts organization members.