The Huntington Arts Council, a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization, offers valuable work experience for college and high school students. Interns gain professional skills and experience while assisting with day-to-day operations of a nonprofit arts council.
Interns may gain academic credit for any of our internship opportunities. We will be happy to work with your college or university to provide evaluations and adhere to learning objectives and outcomes as required for credit.
Public Relations and Communications Intern, Fall 2020
We are seeking a talented and motivated Public Relations & Marketing Intern. Primary responsibility is to provide support to the Director of Public Relations in various activities and tasks that support and promote our ongoing programs as well as general communications responsibilities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Write and/or edit press releases and other content
- Edit promotional material, create and modify flyers, and promotional booklets
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Review and evaluate social media analytics
- Assist with general office duties such as phone, welcoming visitors and mailings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiency at MS Office
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, including InDesign preferred
Hours: 12-16 Hrs/week (potential for more based on the candidate)
Dates: September through December
To Apply: Complete the online Internship Application including uploading a job specific cover letter and a resume.