Cultural Arts Programming
When partnering with the Huntington Arts Council JOURNEY Program, districts receive funding to book Visiting Artists in their schools. Teaching artists representing a variety of cultures are available for workshops, residencies and assemblies in school districts.
2019-2020, Selection of Visiting Artists, Cultural Arts Presentations:
2018-2019, Selection of Visiting Artists Presentations:
2016-2017 Selection of Visiting Artists Presentations:
Artist Visits. . .
- Encourage interdisciplinary learning and enrich curriculum content
- Appeal to different styles of learning to motivate each student
- Offer live performance experience
- Help dispel cultural myths and stereotypes
Request a JOURNEY Visiting Artist’s program:
- Check with your JOURNEY district liaison regarding how the funding will be dispersed in your district.
- Choose an artist/program from the Visiting Artist Directory. If the artist/program you would like to book is not listed here, contact the Arts in Education Coordinator before booking.
- Submit an online request form – Artist Request Form or you may contact the Arts in Education Coordinator to start a booking.
If you are a teaching artist or organization presenting cultural arts programs in schools and you would like to be listed in the JOURNEY Visiting Artist Directory, click on the button below to apply.
For questions, contact:
Regina Van Bell
Arts in Education Coordinator