Cultural Arts Programming
When partnering with the Huntington Arts Council’s JOURNEY Program, districts receive funding to book Visiting Artists in their schools. Teaching artists representing a variety of cultures are available for workshops, residencies and assemblies in school districts.
The following directory contains a list of presenters and their cultural arts programs that have been approved for use of JOURNEY funds. Each program meets the requirements of the JOURNEY program mission to integrate cultural arts into classroom curriculum encouraging an individualized experience and appreciation of cultural diversity through the arts.
- Categories: Dance, ELA (English Language Arts, including storytelling), Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts
- Cultures Represented –African, African American, American (Folk Art), Australian, Brazilian, Chinese, Hawaiian, Indian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Multicultural, Native American, Puerto Rican, Russian
Guidelines for Artist Bookings
- Artists must have a contract completed with Huntington Arts Council in order to be funded through JOURNEY –please be sure to contact us immediately with bookings so we can start this process.
- HAC makes checks payable directly to the visiting artists –we cannot reimburse PTA, schools or BOCES.
- HAC will pay all or part of an artist’s fee –Contact HAC to coordinate different payments.
- Please note, NOT all visiting Artists are B.O.C.E.S. affiliated.
Request a JOURNEY Visiting Artist’s program:
- Check with your JOURNEY district liaison regarding how the funding will be dispersed in your district.
- Choose an artist/program from the Visiting Artist Directory. If the artist/program you would like to book is not listed here, contact the Arts in Education Coordinator before booking.
- Submit an online request form (below) or contact the Arts in Education Coordinator to start a booking, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gallery of Visiting Artists Photos in Schools:
2019-2020, Selection of Visiting Artists, Cultural Arts Presentations:
2018-2019, Selection of Visiting Artists Presentations:
2016-2017 Selection of Visiting Artists Presentations:
Artist Visits. . .
- Encourage interdisciplinary learning and enrich curriculum content
- Appeal to different styles of learning to motivate each student
- Offer live performance experience
- Help dispel cultural myths and stereotypes
Are you a teaching artist or organization presenting cultural arts programs in schools and would like to be listed in the JOURNEY Visiting Artist Directory? If so, click on the button below to apply.
For questions, contact:
Regina Van Bell
Arts in Education Coordinator