HIGH ARTS SHOWCASE XVII
Exhibition: March 19-April 10, 2021
High Arts Showcase XVII is a component of the JOURNEY Arts in Education Program. It provides partner school students with the opportunity to present their talents in a gallery setting through this exclusive visual art exhibition. This unique event enables students to learn firsthand what is involved throughout the experience; from submitting entries and writing a bio and/or artist statement to promotion and interaction with the arts community.
We will be featuring select artwork from this exhibition again for the 2021 winter/spring issue of our newsletter – Arts Cultural News. In order to be considered for this opportunity we must receive high resolution images of registered artwork with loan agreement forms by December 21st, 2020. This is an exciting opportunity for student artists to have their works promoted to the entire township of Huntington.
There are 8 high schools in our participating districts. JOURNEY partner school districts this year are Cold Spring Harbor, Commack, Harborfields, Huntington, Kings Park, Northport-East Northport, Plainview-Old Bethpage and South Huntington.
Guidelines for High Arts Showcase XVII
- Open to current JOURNEY partner school students in grades 11 and 12
- Students are preselected by their teachers
- Up to 7 works, including no more than two sculptures, per district will be accepted
- Entries must be original to entrant
- Framed entries require hanging wire
- Artist bios/statements and artwork photo required for each student
- Submission materials cannot be returned
- No work should exceed 36 inches in any direction. Standing work cannot be higher than 72 inches. Video should not exceed 50 MB in size.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
- Works are insured while in the possession of the Huntington Arts Council
- HAC waives commission on works sold
- ARTWORK FOR PROMO DUE: Dec. 21
- REGISTRATION DUE: Feb. 1
- DELIVER WORK: March 16 (9am-5pm)
- RECEPTION: March 19, 6-8pm
- CLAIM WORK: April 13 (9am-5pm)
- JOURNEY Partner School Teacher Registration Form (online form only). Record school information and list names of students selected to participate.
- Student Details Form (online form only). Teacher or student may complete. Each student is entered separately. Record student information, artwork information. Use this form to upload artist statement and loan agreement with parental signature.
About JOURNEY Arts in Education Program
JOURNEY has been Huntington Arts Council’s successful Arts in Education school program since it was established in 1985 by Chairperson Sandy Chapin, local area educators and in partnership with district administrators. JOURNEY has multiple elements; CTLE Cultural Arts Workshops, Discovery Chests, High Arts Showcase, and in school Visiting Artists. The individual pieces of JOURNEY create the framework for this district-wide program, integrating culture and art to provide a more inclusive understanding of how we interact with the world and promoting cultural understanding and appreciation through the arts. For more information on JOURNEY and our Arts in Education program go to the Arts in Education tab.
To download a copy of last year’s High Arts Showcase XVI, Exhibition Booklet click here. This booklet features each students work and artist statement.
2020-2021 JOURNEY PARTNER SCHOOL DISTRICTS INCLUDE:
Cold Spring Harbor CSD
Kings Park CSD
Northport-East Northport UFSD
Plainview-Old Bethpage CSD
South Huntington UFSD