A juried exhibition of the
Huntington Arts Council & Huntington Historical Society
Jurors: Lauren Brincat, Wendy Curtis, Karli Wurzelbacher
July 21 – August 26, 2023
Submission Deadline: June 5, 2023
The Huntington Arts Council, in collaboration with our neighbors The Huntington Historical Society, invites artists to participate in Interpretive Sights: Art in Facts. Interpretive Sights will seek to tie together the relationship between art and history through direct inspiration of select artifacts and historical documents representing Huntington’s storied history. Works should create new experiences of the archival material through various media and techniques. Entries will draw inspiration directly from one chosen object (per work) of the six selected from the Huntington Historical Society’s Collections. Images and descriptions of the artifacts are detailed below. For more information on the jurors, download bios here.
This film is an overview of the call to artist and the collaborative exhibition. The historical inspirational objects from the HHS collections were on display to the public view in-person at the Conklin Barn, 2 High St, Huntington, NY 11743. in early February, however all of the details are available below.
Artifacts and Historical Documents
Use these items as inspirations for submissions.
Each entry should draw inspiration directly from one chosen object per work.
Click this link for additional images as well as full historic descriptions the pieces
- Show Runs: July 21th – August 26, 2023
- Entries Due: June 5, 2023 11:59pm
- Emailed Acceptance Notifications: June 20th, 2023
- Deliver Artwork By: July 14, 2023
- Claim Work: August 29th, 2023
How to Enter:
- Artist Bio – Approximately 2-3 sentence biography about themselves and what inspires them as an artist.
- Artist Statement – Approximately 50-150 words; about the message their art communicates or the inspiration for their piece.
- Artwork. Please title the file as “Title of Work.filetype” DO NOT include your name in the title as this is a blind juried show.
- All Media Accepted.
- Entries must be original to the entrant
- Framed entries require wire hanging
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
- Wall hanging work cannot exceed 48″ inches in any direction
- Standing work cannot be higher than 72″
- Videos should not exceed 50 MB in size
Liability and Insurance:
- Works are insured while in possession of the Huntington Arts Council
- HAC retains a 25% commission on all artworks sold.
- HAC collects and remits payment of applicable sales taxes
Questions? Contact SMcCann@huntingtonarts.org