Deadline for submissions: April 14, ‘23
Current Artist Circle members and students from JOURNEY partner schools are invited to participate in this exclusive opportunity to create original art work for the cover of the Summer 2023 issue of Arts Cultural News (ACN).
The focus of the Summer issue is the 58th Huntington Summer Arts Festival. This mainstay event brings the community together to experience live music, theatre and dance at the Chapin Rainbow Stage in Heckscher Park, Huntington.
Entries should be work that has been inspired by, and represents the energy and excitement of the live performance based Huntington Summer Arts Festival.
One work will be chosen out of all the entries for the cover of the ACN and a stipend of $250 will be awarded to the artist.
Work NOT chosen for the cover will be evaluated for use in our “Visual Arts Experience” in the park featuring artwork and bios on printed banners surrounding the perimeter of the festival enclosure. Contact KJohnson@huntingtonarts.org to make sure your membership is current or go to www.huntingtonarts.org to sign up for your artist circle membership today.
NO ENTRY FEE
• Entries limit 3, must be original to entrant.
• Winning artist is responsible for providing
a high resolution image for printing and
• Bio, headshot & statement with entry.
• HAC artists and students from JOURNEY partner schools.
• All 2 dimensional media.
• Work should be similar proportion to the image space for the cover which is 10” x 10 1/8”.
• HAC will maintain ownership of the original artwork awarded the cover. The original artwork will be raffled off during the festival with proceeds going directly to HAC.
• Artist retains copyright, however HAC has license to use the piece for promotion above and beyond the cover of the newspaper.
ARTS CULTURAL NEWS (ACN)
• ACN is published three times a year.
• Total distribution 90,000 per issue, which includes every household in Huntington Township.
To download a copy of the prospectus, click here.
HOW TO ENTER
• Digital Submissions only – to submit application digitally click this link.
Note: Images must be no larger than 7mb (300 dpi, 2400 pixels on the longest side).
*Current JOURNEY School Districts
• Cold Spring Harbor CSD
• Commack UFSD
• Harborfields CSD
• Huntington UFSD
• Kings Park CSD
• Northport-East Northport USFD
• Plainview-Old Bethpage CSD
• South Huntington UFSD
ENTRY DEADLINE: April 14, ‘23
ACCEPTANCE: April 18, ‘23
DELIVER WORK: April 21, ‘23