The Huntington Arts Council offers volunteer opportunities and student internships year-round. Hours are flexible and applications are accepted on an on-going basis. Read on for more information.
The Huntington Arts Council is looking for volunteers in the following areas. Each opportunity offers flexible scheduling and applications are accepted on an on-going basis.
- Business hours, Mon – Fri between 9am and 5pm
- Assist with mailings, phones, etc.
- Student volunteers welcome!
- Weekends Only – Saturdays 12-4 pm, some Sundays 1-4 pm
- Open and/or close the gallery
- Greet visitors
Huntington Summer Arts Festival
- Assist with concerts, concessions & greet visitors
- Must be available evenings and weekends
- June-August Only
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated high school students (11,12), college students and recent graduates to gain valuable work experience. Interns can gain professional skills and experience while assisting with day-to-day operations of a nonprofit arts council.
Projects may be assigned in all departments. However, interns will be matched with a coordinator best suited for their needs and abilities.
Internships are non paid. Applications are accepted year-round.
Opportunities within HAC:
- Arts Cultural News
- Arts Administration
- Arts in Education
- Arts Management
- Arts Programming
- Grants Administration
- Public Relations
- Social Media