This contest is tied into the Town of Huntington’s annual Tulip Festival that takes place Heckscher Park Huntington the first Sunday in May. The Huntington Arts Council is proud to administer the school arts contest on behalf of the Town of Huntington.
2017 Town of Huntington – Tulip Festival Sponsor:
The theme of the contest is “Huntington in Bloom: A Depiction of Spring in Huntington.” Students are encouraged to independently interpret the theme and create personal reflections of springtime in Huntington. Please encourage your students to follow the theme.
2016 Winners of the Tulip Festival School Art Contest
2014 Winners of the Tulip Festival School Art Contest
Some criteria for this school art contest:
- Only Huntington Township Art Teachers and their classes (grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8) are eligible to participate.
- Students cannot register for the contest independent of an art teacher.
- Submissions must be 9”x12” without a mat.
- Submissions must be two-dimensional.
- Each teacher may submit up to three (3) works, from any one grade level, not to exceed nine (9) works for all grades.
- Teachers must be responsible for dropping off/picking up all artwork at the Huntington Arts Council Inc. – 213 Main Street Huntington NY 11743
Some important dates for Teachers:
PRIZES AWARDED TO BOTH STUDENTS AND TEACHERS!
A $50 gift card awarded to ‘Best in Grade’ courtesy of Astoria Bank. Schools will receive $50 for each student whose art is chosen as the ‘Best of their Grade’, courtesy of Astoria Bank. The funds are to be used for the winning teachers’ classroom needs.
*Judges are chosen from local arts community – educators, artists and museum professionals.