2019 TULIP FESTIVAL
School Art Contest
In celebration of Huntington’s 19th Annual Tulip Festival, teachers of intermediate and middle school students within Huntington Township are invited to enter the Annual Tulip Festival School Art Contest! This contest is tied into the Town of Huntington’s annual Tulip Festival that takes place at Heckscher Park in Huntington, the first Sunday in May. The Huntington Arts Council is proud to administer the school art contest on behalf of both the Town of Huntington and the Festival’s Chief Sponsor, NEFCU.
Artwork is selected by a jury that is comprised of artists and art professionals. Reproductions of the winning works will be displayed at the Heckscher Museum of Art on the evening of Friday, May 3, 2019 AND at Heckscher Park in the town of Huntington during the Tulip Festival on Sunday, May 5, 2019.
*NEW THEME: Celebrating 100 Years of Spring in Huntington’s Heckscher Park.
PRIZES AWARDED TO BOTH STUDENTS AND TEACHERS!
Three winners from each grade level will be honored at the event, with the first prize winner receiving a $50 gift card courtesy of NEFCU. Art teachers will receive $50 gift card for each student whose art was chosen as the best of the grade, also courtesy of NEFCU. One student will win the Carolyn Fostel “Best in Show” award, given in honor of the late Ms. Fostel. Ms. Fostel was instrumental in planning and securing sponsorship support of the initial Huntington Tulip Festival in 2001 and continued to be active in these capacities on the Festival Committee until she passed away in 2011.
- Only Township of Huntington teachers and their students are eligible to enter
- Grades 3 through 8
- Students cannot register independently of their teacher
- Artworks are selected by a jury that is comprised of artists and professionals
- Teachers may submit up to 3 artworks per grade level and school
- Teachers may not submit more than 9 works per school
- Submissions online – Registration for Tulip Festival, School Art Contest
- Teachers must transport artwork
- Artwork must be 9×12, without a mat
- Must be two-dimensional
- Students are encouraged to interpret and personally reflect on the theme
- Teacher registration – Feb. 5, 2019
- Artwork Delivery – postmarked by March 4, 2019 or hand delivered by March 18, 2019 to Huntington Arts Council, 213 Main Street, Huntington, NY 11743
- Reception and Awards – May 3, 2019 at Heckscher Museum
STEP 1, Teacher Registration:
Teacher Registration for the 19th Annual Tulip Festival, School Arts Contest (required)
STEP 2, Enter Student Names:Register the Student Names – only after you have completed the teacher registrations
For questions, please contact:
Arts in Education Coordinator
2018 Winners of the Tulip Festival School Art Contest:
Thank you to our wonderful judges of 2018 for all your effort and participation!
Judges are chosen from local arts community – educators, artists and museum professionals.
2017 Winners of the Tulip Festival School Art Contest:
2016 Winners of the Tulip Festival School Art Contest