2020 Tulip Festival, School Art Contest
In celebration of Huntington’s 20th Annual Tulip Festival, teachers of intermediate and middle school students within Huntington Township are invited to enter the annual Tulip Festival School Art Contest! This contest is tied into the Town of Huntington’s annual Tulip Festival that takes place at Heckscher Park in Huntington, the first Sunday in May. The Huntington Arts Council is proud to administer the school art contest on behalf of the Town of Huntington..
Artwork is selected by a jury that is comprised of artists and art professionals. Reproductions of the winning works will be displayed at the Heckscher Museum of Art on the evening of Friday May 1, 2020 AND at Heckscher Park in the town of Huntington during the Tulip Festival on Sunday May 3, 2020.
- Only Township of Huntington teachers and their students are eligible to enter
- Grades 3 through 8
- Students cannot register independently of their teacher
- Artworks are selected by a jury that is comprised of artists and professionals
- Teachers may submit up to 3 artworks per grade level and school
- Teachers may not submit more than 9 works per school
- Submissions/registration online
- Teachers must transport artwork
- Artwork must be 9×12, without a mat
- Must be two-dimensional
- Students are encouraged to interpret and personally reflect on the theme
- Teacher registration – Friday February 7th, 2020
- Artwork Delivery – postmarked by March 2, 2020 or hand delivered by March 20, 2020 to Huntington Arts Council, 213 Main Street, Huntington, NY 11743
- Reception and Awards – May 1, 2020 at Heckscher Museum of Art
REGISTRATION / SUBMISSIONS
- STEP 1 – Teacher / School registration (required and due 2/5/20)
- Teacher registration – click here
- STEP 2 – Submissions, enter student names (after teacher registration and prior to artwork delivery)
- Enter Student Names – click here
PRIZES AWARDED TO ALL STUDENT WINNERS!
Three winners from each grade level will be honored at the event, with the first prize winner receiving a $50 gift second and third place winners will receive a $25 gift card. One student will win the Carolyn Fostel “Best in Show” award, given in honor of the late Ms. Fostel. Ms. Fostel was instrumental in planning and securing sponsorship support of the initial Huntington Tulip Festival in 2001 and continued to be active in these capacities on the Festival Committee until she passed away in 2011.
Reproductions of winning works will be displayed at the Heckscher Museum of Art during the reception and at the Tulip Festival. The Tulip Festival will be on Sunday, May 3th 2020 at Heckscher Park Huntington NY.
*Judges are chosen from local arts community – educators, artists and museum professionals.
For questions, please contact:
Regina Van Bell
Arts in Education Coordinator