When partnering with the Huntington Arts Council JOURNEY Program, districts receive funding to book Visiting Artists in their schools. Teaching artists representing a variety of cultures are available for workshops, residencies and assemblies in school districts.
2018-2019, school year with JOURNEY:
2016-2017 school year with JOURNEY:
Artist Visits. . .
- Encourage interdisciplinary learning and enrich curriculum content
- Appeal to different styles of learning to motivate each student
- Offer live performance experience
- Help dispel cultural myths and stereotypes
How to book a JOURNEY Visiting Artist’s program:
- Check with your JOURNEY district liaison regarding how the funding will be dispersed in your district.
- Choose an artist from the Visiting Artist Directory. If the artist you would like to book is not listed here, contact the Arts in Education Coordinator before booking.
- Submit an online request form – Artist Request Form or you may contact the Arts in Education Coordinator to start a booking.
For questions, contact:
Regina Van Bell
Arts in Education Coordinator