Cover Call to Artist
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 7, 2019
The Huntington Arts Council is offering our artist members an exclusive opportunity to create original art work for the cover of the Summer issue of Arts Cultural News. The editorial focus of the Summer issue is the Huntington Summer Arts Festival which will be celebrating its 54th year. Members are asked to submit work that has been inspired by and represents the energy and excitement of the Festival.
Since 1965 this performance event has brought the community together to experience live music, theatre and dance. The submissions will be reviewed by a panel and one work will be chosen as the Huntington Arts Festival cover of the newspaper. A stipend of $250 will be awarded and the artist and their work will be featured in the newspaper.
• Entries limit 3, must be original to entrant. Submission materials cannot be returned.
• Selected work will be chosen by a panel of judges.
• Winning artist is responsible for providing
a high resolution image for printing and promotional use.
• All current HAC member artists in good
standing, including students at the JOURNEY partner schools.
• All 2 dimensional media.
• Work should be similar proportion, but not
necessarily limited in size to the image space
for the cover which is 10”x 11”.
NO ENTRY FEE
• This opportunity is a benefit of HAC artist and JOURNEY partner school* members.
*Current JOURNEY School Districts: Cold Spring Harbor, Northport-East Northport USFD, Commack UFSD, Plainview-Old Bethpage CSD, Harborfields CSD, South Huntington FSD, Huntington UFSD
• HAC will maintain ownership of the original artwork awarded the cover.
• Artist retains copy write, however HAC has license to use the piece for promotion above
and beyond the cover of the newspaper.
ARTS CULTURAL NEWS
• ACN is published three times a year.
• Total distribution 90,000 per issue, which
includes every household in Huntington
To apply online click here.
To download prospectus click here.