Huntington Arts Council in collaboration with the Interactive Computer Graphics Program at Five Towns College is pleased to provide a unique opportunity for educators. Beginning on November 8, 2019 a series of 6 classes is being offered focusing on a variety of fundamental computer graphic applications. The courses will be taught in the state of the art computer graphics lab at Five Towns College by industry experts using a hands on approach. The materials used will be made available for future use and explorations by the educators in their classrooms. There will be one class for each of the topics.
Eligibility: All Art Educators (space is limited, registration required)
Time: 4:00pm – 6:15pm
Location: Five Towns College Interactive Computer Graphics (ICG) Lab, 305 North Service Road Lab 307, Dix Hills, NY 11746
Pricing: All fees are non-refundable
Non-members: $50 per session
Artist Members and Journey School Educators: $40 per session. Contact Kieran Johnson, BusinessManager@huntingtonarts.org, 631-271-8423 ext 12, for your discount code!
For questions contact Janna Strand, firstname.lastname@example.org, 631.271.8423 ext 19
REGISTRATION REQUIRED – Topics Include:
- CLASS CLOSED – Fundamentals of Adobe Photoshop: Nov 8th, 2019: 4:00-6:15PM; Using simple techniques of photo editing and image manipulation to compose custom images.
- CLASS CLOSED Fundamentals of Motion Graphics: Dec 6th, 2019, 4:00-6:15PM; Using both Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Aftereffects educators will create a custom animated video. To register click here.
- CLASS CLOSED Fundamentals of 3D Modeling: Feb 7th, 2020 4:00-6:15PM; Using Autodesk’s “free” browser-based 3D application educators will create their own custom 3D models. To register click here.
- CLASS CANCELLED – Fundamentals of 3D Printing: March 6th, 2020 4:00-6:15PM; A continuation of fundamentals of 3D Modeling, educators will learn how to prepare their custom 3D models for 3D printing. To Register click here.
- CLASS CANCELLED – Fundamentals of 3D Animation: April 3rd, 2020 4:00-6:15PM; Using Autodesk’s 3D Studio Max students will learn how to create simple 3D objects, and then using keyframe animation, set them in motion. To register click here.
- Fundamentals of 360 Virtual Reality Photos: May 1st, 2020 4:00-6:15PM; Educators will learn how to use a 360 photographic camera to take 360 photos. Educators will be taught how these can be used to upload to their Facebook account as social media postings. To register click here.