The Huntington Arts Council is offering our artist members an exclusive opportunity to create original art work for the cover of the Summer issue of Arts Cultural News. Not a current member? Go to
Huntingtonarts.org to join.
The editorial focus of the Summer issue is the Huntington Summer Arts Festival which will be celebrating its 55th year. Members are asked to submit work that has been inspired by, and represents the energy and excitement of the Festival.
Since 1965 this performance event has brought the community together to experience live music, theatre and dance. The submissions will be reviewed by a panel and one work will be chosen for use as the Huntington Summer Arts Festival cover of the Summer issue of the newspaper. A stipend of $250 will be awarded to the artist who, with their work, will be featured in the newspaper.
• Entries limit 3, must be original to entrant. Submission materials cannot be returned.
• Selected work will be chosen by a panel of judges.
• Winning artist is responsible for providing a high resolution image for printing and promotional use.
• All current HAC member artists in good
standing, including students at the JOURNEY partner schools.
• All 2 dimensional media.
• Work should be similar proportion, but not necessarily limited in size to the image space for the cover which is 10” x 10 1/8”.
NO ENTRY FEE
• This opportunity is a benefit of HAC artist and JOURNEY partner school members.
• HAC will maintain ownership of the original artwork awarded the cover. The original artwork will be raffled off during the festival with proceeds going directly to HAC.
• Artist retains copy write, however HAC has license to use the piece for promotion above and beyond the cover of the newspaper.
ARTS CULTURAL NEWS
• ACN is published three times a year.
• Total distribution 90,000 per issue, which includes every household in Huntington Township.
HOW TO ENTER
- Submit application at click this link (preferred method).
- Download paper application from website. Mail or drop off with CD images. Note: Images must be no larger than 7mb (300 dpi, 2400 pixels on the longest side).
- To download prospectus click here.
EXTENDED DEADLINE: April 19, ‘20
ACCEPTANCE: April 27, ‘20
DELIVER BIO/HEADSHOT: May 1, ‘20
DELIVER WORK: TBD
*Current JOURNEY School Districts
• Cold Spring Harbor CSD
• Commack UFSD
• Harborfields CSD
• Kings Park CSD
• Northport-East Northport USFD
• Huntington UFSD
• Plainview-Old Bethpage
• South Huntington FSD